The new fitness craze sweeping the nation (as you’ve probably heard) is the squat challenge! The Squat Challenge (as shown below) guides you with how many squats to do a day for a month getting progressively higher. Here are ten reasons why you should get involved!
– Gives you a sense of accomplishment! By giving yourself a goal, sticking to it daily and completing it till the end makes you feel proud of yourself. It can be challenging so seeing it through until the end will give you a huge sense of accomplishment!
– There are rest days! When I first looked at what it entailed and saw how many squats I had to do every day, I wondered if my muscles would ache too much to do the ones for the next day to the best of my ability. But then I saw every four days you had a rest day to give your muscles a chance to recover ready for the next set!
– Beyoncé bum! Doing the Squat Challenge may be tough but you will come out the other side of it with a booty to rival Beyoncé’s and Kim Kardashian’s! The Squat challenge could be the difference between having a butt and having an ass!
– Unites people! Women (and not forgetting men as well) are uniting everywhere to do this. You only have to type ‘Squat Challenge’ into the Twitter or Facebook search bar to find people encouraging each other. You can also (like I have) get your friends on board to do it with you. Doing it as a team is so much better because you all help each other along and encourage each other to keep the good work up!
– Can be integrated into your daily routine! The squats do not take a while to do so if you integrate them into your daily routine they will not seem like a chore. For example do them when you wake up, before you go to bed, or whilst you are watching the latest TOWIE episode.
– You do see the changes! I am only on day 9 of the challenge and I already notice the changes! It is really encouraging and helps you keep up the good work when you see positive results!
– Celebrities are on board! Having influential celebrities like Khloe Kardashian doing the challenge is positive because it shows women everywhere (whether they are celebrity or not) are uniting to do this!
– Works the whole body! The squat is literally one of the best exercises you can do for your body. It tones and works your whole body getting you that Summer bikini body in no time!
– Beneficial! Squats strengthen your muscles, joints and ligaments which prevent injuries for you in the long run!
– Improves balance and flexibility! Doing the Squat Challenge helps to improve your balance and flexibility in your ankles, hips, knees and back.